Saturday, 4 January 2014

Pretty In Plaits

Hello and welcome,

I'm back again with another post I hope you'll love! I will try to post a lot, even when I go back to school on Monday (holidays are nearly over!). I just want to say, I hope you had a lovely Christmas holiday and may 2014 be the best year yet!

Today, I was playing around with different styles in my hair. I always think plaits look lovely when you want your hair up and out of your face. These are some I did that were quick and easy, and still look so pretty! 

1. Crazy Plait
I think I saw this on a youtube video once, and I think it's really unique and different to the average plait. To do this, you split your hair into 3 different sized sections (one bigger section, two smaller sections). Then you can plait it as you would a normal plait. This way you get an uneven plait, that is different to all the rest!


2. Chunky Plait
I kind of made this plait up as I went along, but I like how it looks in the end! This plait is like a normal plait, but I put all my hair to one side and started the plait higher up, using the top layer of hair, then adding the rest in as I plaited. This plait is much chunkier and messier then a normal plait I would do, and I quite like it like this! I also added the little bit of lace to make it a cute, girly look!


3. Messy Pigtails
I don't usually have my hair in pigtails, but I thought I would try it and I quite like this look! Firstly, I parted my hair in a middle parting, to make an even plait each side, and I slightly back-combed my hair to make it messier. Then I did a normal plait each side, but quite low and loose. When plaited, i used my comb to back-comb it again (second picture). This makes them messier and not very neat, so that its not a little girls look anymore!

4. Fishtail Plait
I love fishtail plaits, even though they can take a little longer to do! I think they are really pretty with any outfit. If you are not sure how to do a fishtail plait, I hope this helps! You put all your hair to one side and split it into two sections. Then you take a small strand from the back of one section of hair, and pull it over to the other section of hair now holding it in that section. You repeat this on the other section, and keep repeating! (sorry, it's quite hard to explain in words!) Anyway, I think this plait is really cute and you can wear it for any occasion. 

I hope you enjoyed this post. Please comment if you liked it and what you want to see in future posts. Thank you so much!

Tasha x

6 comments:

  1. I love fishtail plaits, it's my go-to hair style when I'm having a bad hair day :)
    http://chloesthoughtss.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. The crazy plait is a good idea and I have never thought of anything like that before !

    Eb x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, yes its different to all the rest! x

      Delete
  3. This is such a good post! really creative xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Thanks for reading :)

      Delete

thank you for reading, I appreciate your comments so much x

);