Sunday, 5 January 2014

Easy Feature Walls

Hello and Welcome,

Today I wanted to share with you a new part of my bedroom! I was bored of how my room looked because I thought it was a bit young for my age. The main reason for this was a shelf above my chest of draws with lots of little ornaments on. I really wanted to do a feature wall there instead, but without having to paint or wallpaper the wall. So I looked on Google and came across these images…




I love this look because it can be girly and shabby-chic! So this inspired me to do it on my own wall but  in a quick and easy way. My Dad helped me finish it today and this is what it looks like! (sorry about the lighting in the photos!)





This was so easy to do, and I can add extra photo frames or little things when I want! I just found some old photo frames that I used to have in my room, and re-used them. I bought some gorgeous wrapping paper from Paperchase (why is all there stuff so nice???) that goes perfectly with the colours in my room. I think it was £1.50 for a metre. I then found some of my favourite photos of my family and friends, and printed them of my computer.  I measured and cut out the wrapping paper and photos, using the wrapping paper as a background, and put them in the photo frames. My Dad hung them up on the wall and it fitted beautifully. I also found this wooden letter N (for Natasha!) from a shop in town called The Bazaar. This was £2.99. I think it is so cute and sits nicely with the photo frames. 

I know it looks a little bare at the moment, but whenever I go out into town I can look for little bits to add to my feature wall! 

I hope you enjoyed this post, comment what you thought, I would really appreciate it!

Tasha x

p.s. Oh no, School tomorrow! I don't know how I'm going to wake up early! When do you go back to school?

14 comments:

  1. Definately going to try this, it looks amazing! I go back to school on Tuesday:) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, you should try it! Lucky you get one more lie in! :) x

      Delete
  2. It looks really cool! I need to do something with my wall, it's very sparse at the moment :o xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lexie! You should try this! x

      Delete
  3. Very cute, I want a big photo wall like this when I move out :)

    http://chloesthoughtss.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, that would be lovely! x

      Delete
  4. It's a really great idea because you can add whatever you want and go as mad as you want. You should do another post on this later when you have more stuff ! It looks great though so far and hope to see more of your decor !
    Eb x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, ok I will do another post in the future on this! Thanks x

      Delete
  5. Such a great idea! love it xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, i love it too hehe xx

      Delete
  6. lovely :)

    http://www.bloglovin.com/en/blog/4602025

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for all the lovely comments on my posts I love your blog!xx

    ReplyDelete

thank you for reading, I appreciate your comments so much x

);