Friday, 3 January 2014

D.I.Y Denim

Hello and Welcome,

This is my second ever blog post, so i really hope you enjoy it, whoever reads it! I'm already really enjoying blogging and i've been playing around with my design and layout but it's still quite simple. Please comment if you like the layout or have any advice on how to improve it!

Anyway, I have been really interested in fashion and textiles for a while, and came across D.I.Y. denim. Denim Jackets have been very popular this winter and I LOVE mine! D.I.Y Denim takes your old denim and makes it into something new and unique. I think this is so cool because you don't have to buy anything new, you can just sew, cut and create your old denim in to whatever you want! Here are some ideas I found…




So I had a go on my own denim jacket in a very simple way, but i think it makes my jacket unique to me! If you like this idea, why not try it yourself?

I needed: 
scissors
needle and thread
ribbon (recycled from an old hairband)
daisy patches (also recycled from an old hairband)
and, of course, your denim jacket


I found doing this quite easy, simply sewing on the decorations! 

1. Choose what to sew on and where (i chose the collar)
2. Place your decorations and pin in place, if you need to
3. Sew, sew, sew! Making sure its secure
4. Repeat on all your decorations


5. My finished D.I.Y denim jacket


I hope you enjoyed this post and will try this out for yourself! Please leave a comment on what you think, i would appreciate it so much!

Tasha x


13 comments:

  1. This is such a good post!! how do you edit your photos?? xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, i use this website called PicMonkey! Its really easy to use! xx

      Delete
  2. I love it! This has inspired me do do my own. Thank you

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's ok, thanks for reading! :)

      Delete
  3. Wonderful post...I like your blog.^^
    Maybe follow each other on bloglovin?
    Let me know follow you then back.
    Lovely greets Nessa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Nessa! Of course i'll follow you now!

      Delete
  4. Thank you so much for the follow.
    Follow you back on bloglovin.
    Lovely greets from germany ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. please can you follow me back on bloglovin'? love your blog:) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. sorry i couldn't find you on Bloglovin?! whats the url? and thanks :) x

      Delete
  6. I loved this blog post, you can barely tell your new with blogging, if it's not a bother maybe follow my blog and follow me on bloglovin ��

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! Yep, i'll follow you! x

      Delete
  7. This is such a good blog post ! I love the daisies you put on the collar with the bow ! Perfect !

    Eb x

    ReplyDelete

thank you for reading, I appreciate your comments so much x

);